Friday, June 22, 2012

No Bacon for Breakfast?!

Oh No!  We're out of BACON!  In my house we go through more bacon in a week than most people use in a month.  No. Kidding.  So this am I got into the fridge to make breakfast and saw that there was no meat...or so I thought.  I dug around and found some black forrest ham and thought, "I can work with that."  So I used a muffin tin and shaped the ham slices into it and cracked a few eggs into the ham. Voila!  Breakfast: meat included.  I also sliced up some peppers and onion that I happened to have and tossed in some mushrooms and threw it all into a sauté pan.  OH. Yeah.


Oven baked egg cups:

You will need:
Sliced ham
Eggs
Salt & Pepper
Spray oil
Muffin tin

Heat oven to 400 degrees
Spray muffin tin so the cups come out easy
Shape ham into tin
Crack eggs into ham
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes
Let cool a few minutes before removing from tin

I sprinkled with cheddar cheese and fresh basil and served with toast and sautéed peppers.  Man that's good stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment